Wetzlar, Germany

View from Lahner Bridge, Wetzlar, Germanyiso: 200 aperture: f/5.0 exposure: 0.0016 s (1/640) focal: 7.0mm
View from Lahner Bridge, Wetzlar, Germany


Wetzlar is a small, pittoreske town, about 65 Kilometers from Frankfurt am Main, in Germany. Actually we were visiting Hans, a friend of ours, who lives in Frankfurt. And when he told us about this town, immediately all alarm bells rang in my head. Because here in this beautiful little town, two worldfamous brands in photography have their residency! First of all, Carl Zeiss, the lens manufacturor, who, amongst others, makes lenses for the best camera in the world: Hasselblad (yes, I do have one...:P). Another very famous brand is located in this town: Leica, a company which makes great camera's. So...of course I had to come and visit this little town. It was a strange day for weather, extremely bright lights, and dark clouds, difficult photography weather. However, I managed to make a few nice shots. Enjoy, folks !

Zaenuddin and Hans, Lahner Bridge, Wetzlar, Germanyiso: 200 aperture: f/5.0 exposure: 0.0025 s (1/400) focal: 7.0mm
Zaenuddin and Hans, Lahner Bridge, Wetzlar, Germany


View from Lahner Bridge, Wetzlar, Germanyiso: 200 aperture: f/5.0 exposure: 0.0031 s (1/320) focal: 7.0mm
View from Lahner Bridge, Wetzlar, Germany


traditional house, wetzlar, germanyiso: 200 aperture: f/4.0 exposure: 0.0063 s (1/160) focal: 7.0mm
Traditional house, Wetzlar, Germany


water study, at homeiso: 400 aperture: f/4.0 exposure: 0.0010 s (1/1000) focal: 60.0mm
Water study, at home


More pictures ... here.

© Copyright // Rick Wezenaar Photography ~ All rights reserved

6 comments:

ABRAHAM LÓPEZ MORENO said...

Fantasticas fotografías. Felicidades !!!. Un saludo.

Rick Wezenaar said...

muy gracias, abraham!

~ Rick

Laurent said...

Hi Rick,

Really good stuff with your super wide angle. I really enjoy watching your building shots, full of charms and the distorsion gives to them a really nice rendering.
cheers

Anonymous said...

Very Nice photographs. You have capture that town superbly. Do you have any more fotos of Wetzlar? I will be traveling to Germany in September and I'll be there for 6 months and I just but Wetzlar on my list of little hideaway towns to must see.

Excellent fotos

-Mike

Krystal said...

So, I was born in Wetzlar, Germany and moved away before I was 3 years old. I have never really looked up anything about Wetzlar until now and...it is beautiful. With every picture my resolution to go back some day is strengthened. Thank you so much for the pictures!
~Krystal

Bettina said...

Very nice pictures. Wetzlar is my home town, but I left 15 years ago and now live in California. We return every year.
Check out my website:
www.live-like-a-german.com
I am renting vacation apartments in Wetzlar and all over Germany. If you would like to post some pictures on our site, I'd love to do so bc they are beautiful.
Thanks!